Former classroom teacher, teacher educator, associate instructor and mentor
My teaching philosophy has been strongly influenced by sociocultural theory (Vygotsky, 1934) which views learning as a socially mediated process in which students acquire their cultural values, beliefs, and learning strategies through social interaction with more knowledgeable members of the community. My overarching goal of teaching is to provide an intriguing learning environment to inspire students to be more inquisitive, to expand the knowledge their textbook may provide, and to stop and re-think about the world around them so that they can develop critical and creative thinking skills to thrive in a changing world.
Classes I taught or assisted.
- Technical Issues: Computer-Based Education (W220)
- Multimedia in Instructional Design (R341)
- Instructional Design and Development (R510)
- Analysis for Instruction and Performance Improvement (R621)
Invited talk or workshop.
- Video editing workshop using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Constructing a PBL video case
- Introduction of problem-based learning (PBL)